Salesforce has officially announced that the company is going to acquire Slack for a whopping $28 billion.
In one of the most notable tech acquisitions of recent years, Salesforce will buy Slack for approximately $27.7 billion. It’s Salesforce‘s biggest purchase ever, which has been facing a tough competition from platforms like Microsoft Teams and Google Chat.
While making the official announcement, Salesforce CEO Marc Benioff says: “This is a match made in heaven. Together, Salesforce and Slack will shape the future of enterprise software and transform the way everyone works in the all-digital, work-from-anywhere world. I’m thrilled to welcome Slack to the Salesforce Ohana once the transaction closes.”
Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield, about the acquisition, added: “As software plays a more and more critical role in the performance of every organization, we share a vision of reduced complexity, increased power and flexibility, and ultimately a greater degree of alignment and organizational agility. Personally, I believe this is the most strategic combination in the history of software, and I can’t wait to get going.”
With people staying home during the coronavirus pandemic remote work and cloud tools like Slack and Salesforce have become increasingly important. According to the companies, Slack will be “deeply integrated into every Salesforce Cloud” and become “the new interface for Salesforce Customer 360.”
This is likely to help Slack further develop its presence in enterprise markets which is lead by Microsoft Teams due to the company’s wealth of other products. And of course, Microsoft competes against Salesforce’s cloud business as well. Acquiring Slack allows Salesforce to build a more robust ecosystem of software tools to compel potential customers.
Once the deal is closed, Slack will become an operating unit of Salesforce and will continue to be led by Butterfield.
For further details on the transaction, you need to keep visiting for new updates!
- After Containment zones, Google Maps will now show “Vaccinated Sites”.
- The Greatest Instagramming Tool: Followers Gallery
- Which Game Console Should Be Your Next Upgrade?
- YouTube is Now Available to Be Installed as a Progressive Web App
- FAU:G India : All you need to know about the game
- Google opens up its space in US for COVID-19 vaccination: Sundar Pichai
- WhatsApp Treating Indians Differently From Europe Users: Centre To Delhi Court
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX launches a record 143 satellites on one rocket.