Hi Readers!! If you are a Samsung user, then there is good news for all of you that Samsung will now provide security updates feature for a minimum of 4 years for better data protection of users, enhance user’s experience with new features for more than 4 years.
- Samsung Regular Security Updates feature on Galaxy Devices for Four Years.
- The devices launched after 2018 are eligible for the new security feature.
- The decision comes after the report that shows – Apple Beat Samsung in no. of smartphones sold to become the world’s leading seller of smartphones in the fourth quarter of 2020.
Samsung Galaxy devices eligible for the update:
The new change is applicable to over 40 Galaxy phones and tablets launch from 2019 onwards.
- Galaxy Foldable devices: Fold, Z Fold2 5G, Z Flip, Z Flip 5G
- The Galaxy S series: S10, S10+, S10e, S10 5G, S10 Lite, S20 5G, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, S20 FE 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy Note series: Note10, Note10+, Note10+ 5G, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra 5G
- The Galaxy A series: A10e, A20, A50, A11, A21, A51, A51 5G, A71 5G
- Galaxy XCover series: XCover FieldPro, XCover Pro.
- The Galaxy Tab series: Tab Active Pro, Tab Active3, Tab A 8 (2019), Tab A with S Pen, Tab A 8.4 (2020), Tab A7, Tab S5e, Tab S6, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6 Lite, Tab S7, Tab S7+
Samsung Regular Security Updates feature: Frequency
The company will provide security updates roll out on a monthly or quarterly basis. For example, recent launches like Samsung S-models will get monthly updates. Whereas, A-model or earlier S8 models will get quarterly updates.
Samsung has worked closely with over 1,000 partners to establish security standards for all Android devices
Samsung is giving users peace of mind knowing their data is protected for as long as they use their Galaxy device.
Thanks For reading!!
Is your device on the list? Share Your Valuable feedback in the comment section below.