- Sandes an alternative to WhatsApp app is Introduced by the Indian government
- For Sometime, It is available for testing for government officials only.
- Indian government plans in the coming years they will completely switch to a home-grown chat app for safety purpose.
Hi Readers!! There is good news for all of you that, India is launching an alternative of WhatsApp called “Sandes” under a Made In India plan.
Sandes, the name given to Government Instant Messaging System (GIMS), is currently limited to officials in different ministries but in the near future public rollout of the app is confirmed by officials.
Need For Sandes App:
Due to Whatsapp’s New policy and Chinese app data leak cases, the Centre developed a WhatsApp-like messaging platform.
Now the application is ready and is being use by officials in several ministries.
The Sandes app is running by the National Informatics Centre (NIC), which comes under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology provide huge safety to confidential government data.
The Purpose of Application is to migrate government employees from social media networks that lead to potential security data leak.
The GIMS opening page has ways to access the app, including sign-in LDAP, sign-in with Sandes OTP, and Sandes web. On tapping on any of the options, the page shows a message that reads, “This authentication method is applicable for authorised government officials.”
Features of Sandes App:
- Sandes app run on both iOS and Android platforms.
- It also supports voice and data messages, similar to other modern-day chatting apps.
- It provides all the features that other messaging apps provide.
- The Sandes App Or website has multiple ways to login. You can sign in through a pre-registered email address or through OTP generate via your phone number.
- Sandes Web is a web-version of the app similar to WhatsApp Web.
- Prevent information from falling into the wrong hands.
Thanks for Reading!!
Share your Valuable Suggestions in the Comment Section below.