Undoubtedly Shopify is one of the best e-commerce platforms but it doesn’t fit with everyone’s needs. For small business owners, Shopify seems a white elephant thus they search for Shopify alternatives. If you are looking for the best Shopify alternatives then your search ends up here.
Doesn’t matter you are tired of the higher cost of Spotify or searching for something new there are tons of alternatives for Shopify. Choosing the right one may be daunting for you so here we have collected the best e-commerce platforms to help you.
Before reviewing Shopify substitutes we will also discuss what are the reasons that cause to switch to Shopify competitors. So let’s check out the best e-commerce platforms and the cons of Shopify.
Why you should switch to Shopify alternatives – common issues with Shopify
As I said above Shopify is not for everyone and for small businesses it is too expensive. Apart from cost, there are many other reasons that compel you to search for its alternatives:
- You have to pay 2% extra transaction fees when you don’t use the built-in credit card processing service. That is something you get to avoid with almost any alternative to Shopify!
- You have to buy advanced plans of Shopify otherwise you will lose the ability to use important e-commerce attires.
- Sadly Shopify comes with some SEO issues (e.g. rigid URL structures) that can annoy you.
- Shopify doesn’t use “Categories”, it uses “Collections” so it is pretty tough to create product categories with Shopify.
- Poor blogging platform
Shopify alternatives 2020
Price: $29.95/mo – $249.95/mo
For those who are looking for a simple and flexible e-commerce platform, BigCommerce is the best choice. BigCommerce comes with a variety of superb themes and out of them seven are free. You can buy premium themes to make your online store addictive. Also, there are several advanced features to promote your product and to enhance your content marketing.
- Brawny SEO performance
- Suitable for all business models
- Innovative themes collection
- The infinite number of products
- Plenty of upgraded features
- Multi-channel selling
- Lack of free themes
- Costly for high volume stores
- Inconsistency in speed
- Steep learning curve
Price: $15 – $35 per month
Next e-commerce platform that worth mentioning in the list of Shopify alternatives iv Volusion that boasts cloud-based shopping cart servers. Volusion is ideal for small businesses that want to scale up their business. It comes with a wide array of plugins and other attires that can be merged with your online store without any hassle.
While the vast majority of the work is done through a GUI, you will require some essential coding aptitudes to set your store up. In addition, the item work is generally feeble. Maybe the genuine constraining component is the transfer speed limit, which expects you to pay more as your store develops.
- Dedicated mobile app
- Comes with a variety of stunning free themes
- easy to use
- Numerous payment processor
- No additional transaction charges
- Infinite product listings
- Coding skills are required to set up your store
- Monthly bandwidth limit
- Product search functionality is poor
- scarcity Of Integration With PLA’s and Pinterest
Price: $49 – $79
WooCommerce is a free module for WordPress that brings eCommerce usefulness to WordPress sites. There are two unique ways you can begin utilizing WooCommerce: in case you’re utilizing a free WordPress.com account, you’ll have to move up to WordPress’ Business plan. Or on the other hand, in the event that you run a self-facilitated site utilizing the downloadable WordPress.org variant, you can basically introduce WooCommerce from the rundown of accessible modules.
WooCommerce is entirely adaptable to the extent configuration goes, and you can broaden its highlights by including extra modules. The evaluating of these modules can shift incredibly, with some being free, and others requiring a month to month membership or a one-time charge. While picking modules to include, ensure you check for similarity with any current modules you’re additionally utilizing, and set out to find out about client audits of the module to get a feeling of its unwavering quality and that of the module’s designers. For whatever length of time that you play it safe, you can utilize WooCommerce to make an incredible online store.
- Comes with free plans
- No extra transaction charges
- Pretty easy to use and set up
- Smooth WordPress integration
- Post-purchase one-click upsells
- This platform requires tech skills
- No hosting
- Can be steady
- Blame Game With Theme Design/Hosting
Price: $19 – $229 per month
Let’s discuss one of the top Shopify alternatives that is a good hosted option for online store owners.
The costs run from a simple $19 every month and can go right to $229 every month. For this, you get a scope of SEO devices, messages for following up on relinquished trucks, and customized items.
You likewise get Facebook sync, fantastically adaptable usefulness, just as a brilliant website architecture administration that gives you SSL endorsements at moderately sensible rates. They will likewise tailor the UI and the UX as per your necessities.
Nonetheless, the administration is somewhat drowsy, and there’s next to no assortment in the topics. On the head of that, you won’t find numerous commendations sung about their help contributions either.
- Wonderful store speed
- Support for over 70 payment gateways
- Posses more features when compared with Shopify
- In-House Web Design Service
- No extra transaction charges
- Limitless products listings
- Fast load time
- Poor support reviews
- Outdated themes
- You will find problems while upgrading
- Mobile UX is poor than Shopify
- Drop Shilling is also better with Shopify
You may have found out about Magento as of now. The organization was bought by eBay in 2011, and afterward, Adobe got it in 2018. This mainstream stage is perfect for setting up storekeepers, and it has a wide and set up a network over the globe.
At the point when you take a gander at the costs, it’s anything but difficult to see the purposes for Magento’s prevalence. The evaluating is fundamentally the same as WooCommerce’s, making it extraordinary compared to other Shopify options. While the substance the executives programming is free, you should pay for the facilitating, the subjects, and the modules.
Be that as it may, Magento is essentially a CMS stage that lets you center around selling the entirety of your items through an open-source environment, which is extraordinary for organizations hoping to grow.
- A wide array of payment gateway options
- Pretty flexible and scalable
- Plenty of addition features
- API For Web Services
- Upgraded SEO tools
- Coding and IT skills needed
- Not good for newbies
- Requires hosting
Without any argument, Shopify is the leader of the e-commerce market but for those who are willing to switch a more flexible platform then there are various Shopify alternatives.
For beginners, BigCommerce is the best and WoCommerce is great for WordPress based stores.
Here you came across the best substitutes to Shopify and you can choose as per your business size, requirements, budget, and skills as well.
Hope you found the post informative and if you have still any queries then please let us know in the comment box.