- Skype New’s latest update provides a background blur feature.
- New features help users to hide their background during video calls.
- The background blur feature has been available for iOS as well as desktop users
- The updated version of Skype for Android users will run on Android 6.0 and above.
Skype is coming with a new update across all devices and it includes the ability to blur background during video calls on Skype for all users.
Skype latest update: How to activate blur feature
If you download the latest version of Skype on desktop or android, you can blur the background image of the room in a skype call from the settings menu.
Skype also allows you to replace the background with a preset image or one of your own. You can also blur the background before a call begins or while it’s in progress.
Steps to activate the Background blur feature:
- Start a video chat with any of your contacts.
- Click on the gear icon at the top right of your call screen to open the Audio & Video Settings menu.
- In the menu, click on the ‘Blur my background’ option to turn the feature on.
- Close the menu to return to your call with a blurred background.
Skype Background Blur Image Feature Benefits
- This will be extremely useful if you don’t have a proper place to conduct a meeting or to join an online class.
- If you don’t want them to see the embarrassing background behind you during a meeting, all you need to do is to activate the blur effect.
- With the new update, Android users can enjoy more customized options on Skype.
- Skype for iPhone and iPad users will also have some major improvements, including the Share extension with support for dark themes and overall performance enhancements in the latest version 8.68.
- Performance issues with the emoji have been fixed as well, and over-stability improvements have also been added, as per the release notes.
How to activate blur Feature in Windows, Mac, and Linux?
- Click your profile picture.
- Go to Settings and then click Audio & Video.
- Click on the three-dot icon.
- Click on the ‘Blur my background’ option.
- Close the menu with a blurred background.
Thanks for reading!!
Share your valuable suggestions in the comment sections below.