- Data Of Slack application users have been hacked.
- The company has sent emails to a large number of users to change their login credentials at the earliest.
- Impacted users will need to open the link attached to the mail, and reset the password manually after providing the registered email ID.
Hi Readers!! there is important information for all the Slack application users that all users of Slack need to Immediately change their Password as a major security lapse at the company’s end might have compromised their personal data.
The Company has started sending emails to a mass number of users to change their Login Credentials. However, even those users who have not received any communication from the company’s side are strongly advised to change their login credentials as well to be on the safe side.
The company adds in the email that Android users must update the app to the latest version from Google Play Store to enjoy all the new security updates.
Slack Users Major Data Breach: How to change Slack
The company has recommended it, users change their password as the hackers may have got access to the password through plain text storage.
- Users should go to the ‘More’ menu on their account
- Then click on the ‘Accounts’ section.
- They will see an option to change their account password.
- Click On Change account Password Option
- Then Set New Password for their account.
After Change their password, the users can also clear the cache information of their account to be sure about the protection of their account from spammers.
Slack Users Major Data Breach: How to set a Strong
Customers are requested to not use a password that they’re utilizing on different social media websites and online portals because the hackers may exploit the data from different accounts as well.
They should try to avoid creating a similar new password on slack as hackers are aware of the general tendency to make small changes in the password while keeping the major body of the password remains the same.
Thanks for reading!!
Follow TechZimo.com for the latest Technology Updates.