Snapchat is undoubtedly one of the most used and popular apps that has a huge craze among youngsters. Dark mode looks cool on every app, isn’t it? Then why don’t you have it on Snapchat as well? But the major question here is that-Does it really exist?
Don’t worry readers, have some patience, and figure out everything here. Just go through this post and you will have your all answers.
Does Snapchat Dark Mode Exist?
Dark mode (sometimes called night mode) is a setting where the color scheme of the app is altered to a darker landscape. Today Snapchat Dark Mode is a dream of many fans. People are eagerly waiting for their dark mode to come officially. As it has multiple benefits :
- It protects us from eye-strains if you are using the app at the night or in low light areas.
- It saves battery.
- The phone doesn’t get heat up quickly.
Moreover all popular apps like Facebook, Whatsapp are offering the dark mode option, but Snapchat has not released its official night mode still. So users are still struggling for this feature to arrive soon.
But this doesn’t mean that Snapchat dark mode can not be used, don’t get disheartened. We always have solutions for almost all problems. Third-Party apps are there to help in that case.
HOW TO ENABLE DARK MODE ON SNAPCHAT?
Snapchat is one of the most popular apps but one thing that is lacking here is its night mode. Since the app does not offer night mode, so you can’t activate it directly. For this, you have to take the help of dedicated workarounds. These external methods work on both ios and androids. Have faith in me, these third-party apps will be very easy to use and your dark mode will work out efficiently.
Follow this step by step guide to enable it.
FOR ANDROID USERS
Many smartphone developers are nowadays offering built-in dark mode but don’t get overjoyed as this doesn’t work for Snapchat. For activating it on Snapchat, you will have to install the Substratum Theme Engine app.
- Visit Play Store and type in Substratum Theme Engine
- Download the app from here and then install it.
- Now launch it from the App drawer and give a grant to the root access.
- Various themes will appear, pick the desired theme.
- We recommend you two themes for dark mode: Swift Black and Swift Dark.
- Now if the selection of the theme is done, then pick your device.
- Then locate the app in which you want to apply the selected theme i.e Snapchat.
- Press Enter on the install button and wait for a while.
- And you are done, Your Snapchat dark mode is on, Easy, right?
Now you can also check whether the theme is properly applied or not by opening Snapchat. But don’t forget to reboot your device first before checking.
Method 2: Blue Light Filter App
It is also a good way to turn on your Snapchat dark mode. As it simply blocks the blue light coming out from your Android device. If the major motive of using night mode is the protection of eyes and nothing else, then this is perfect for you. It is a fantastic alternative to Substratum and it doesn’t require root access.
For iOS Users;
It is not as easy it seems for android users. Because in order to enable Snapchat dark mode on your iPhone, you need to jailbreak your phone which is definitely not advisable in case you don’t have much technical knowledge.
Moreover, you can use the Nightmare app.
- Initially execute Cydia and install the iFile.
- Now start Downloading Nightmare files.
- Select the Open in option and pick the desired iFile.
- Hit enter on the installer to extract the Nightmare package.
- And it is done.
After doing this run Springfield to evaluate all the changes. Not only this, you can customize the color scheme as well here.
Will Snapchat Dark Mode Come soon officially?
As of now, Snapchat has not officially released dark mode but the rumors are coming that the various users are continuously demanding the makers for its dark mode, and for that, they have filed petitions. So it will be interesting to see how makers take it and how long they will take to come forward with a genuine Snapchat dark mode edition.
But this doesn’t mean that you cannot use Dark mode on Snapchat right now. There various tweaks that you can try to achieve the goal. In fact, there are many third-party apps that will make it easier for you to have a dark mode on almost any app on Android & iOS. Let’s know about them.
Snapchat lacks this feature only. This is definitely the most awaited feature. Well, makers or developers have taken the requests and if sources have to be believed then the time is no far when the team will officially release its dark mode. But till then, we have the option of using third-party apps. It will also give you an amazing experience and will cause fewer eye strains. You can use Nightmare for iOS and Substratum Theme Engine for Android.
- PS5 Outperforms Xbox Series X on Certain Games: Why!!!
- Martin Henderson Raves About Girlfriend Aisha Mendez on Instagram
- Playstation 5 Consoles Bought in India Before Official Launch Will Not Have Warranty: Report
- Tesla plans to produce electric car chargers in China
- Soon, you may be able to play Xbox games on smart TV via Xbox app
- Facebook, Google to Face Tougher Competition Rules in UK From New Antitrust Body
- WhatsApp could soon receive Read Later, Multi-devices support and many more features
- Cox and Kings promoter arrested by ED – Check Details