- Spotify is Launching a Virtual Concert Series.
- The Black Keys, Leon Bridges, and Jack Antonoff are among the first performers.
- Spotify’s virtual concerts will be ticketed, and are scheduled to start on May 27.
Virtual events give fans the ability to see the artists they love from the comforts of home. Platforms like Mandolin, Single Music, Veeps, have been offering live streams over the course of the pandemic. Spotify wants to give competition to these platforms.
Spotify has announced it will hose virtual concerts on its platform. The company announced that people can now buy tickets to five different concert streams, which will air throughout May and June. Initial artists include The Black Keys, Jack Antonoff of Bleachers, and Leon Bridges.
Spotify virtual concert: Price and schedule
The registration is available at the website Spotify.live. In India, Each concert is priced at ₹179, and the tickets can be purchased through the website.
Each concert will run 40-75 minutes and they are prerecorded, users will not be able to pause, rewind or fast-forward them nor they allowed to download the concerts, make their own recordings, or access the show on multiple devices with the same login details.
- 27 May: The Black Keys.
- 3 June: Rag’n’Bone Man.
- 10 June: Bleachers.
- 17 June: Leon Bridges.
- 24 June: Girl in Red.
Spotify is trying to find a new revenue stream and way to keep fans engaged during a time when most have been disconnected from the idea of live music.
Spotify virtual concerts: Descriptions for each concert
- 27 May: The Black Keys will be coming to fans, from one of their favorite Blue Front Cafe in Mississippi.
- 3 June: RagnBone Man will be playing at one of his beloved venues, the Roundhouse in London, where fans will virtually join him for an intimate performance.
- 10 June: Bleachers Jack Antonoff will take fans on a journey from Brooklyn to Asbury Park, N.J. — all while on a city bus.
- June 17: Leon Bridges fans will hear songs from across his catalog as they get an inside look into the meaningful spaces at the Gold-Diggers Hotel.
- June 24: Girl in Red’s Oslo-based performance will bring fans into a world in red and a world of rock with unique lights and video filters.
Thanks for Reading!!