- TikTok Beats YouTube, Facebook & Instagram App ratings.
- TikTok is showing that it’s possible to beat Facebook with a hot app teens love.
- Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter ratings are not good on Google Play Store.
TikTok could be emerging as the new leader in the social media business despite some regulatory trouble and global political pressure. Research firm Sensor Tower has published its list of most downloaded social media apps worldwide.
TikTok Overview and Key Statistics
- 689 million TikTok users internationally (monthly) (official stats)
- 600 million Douyin users in China (daily) (official stats)
- 100 million TikTok users in the US (monthly) (official stats)
- 100 million TikTok users in Europe, with 17 million in the UK, 11 million in France, and 11 million in Germany (official stats)
- 6 billion lifetime downloads of TikTok on iOS App Store and Google Play as of December 2020 (Sensor Tower)
- The company 2020 revenue is estimated at $1 billion (Reuters)
- TikTok is valued at $50 billion (Reuters)
Play Store ratings for the top 5 social apps:
- TikTok – 4.3
- Snapchat – 4.3
- Instagram – 3.8
- Twitter – 3.4
- Facebook – 2.3
Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter are not rated very high on Google Play Store. While Facebook is rated 2.3 (lowest of the bunch), Instagram is rated 3.8 and Twitter is rated 3.4 on the Play Store. Snapchat, on the other hand, got rave reviews. It is rated 4.3 on the Play Store. What is more, ByteDance’s short-video sharing platform TikTok received a rating of 4.3.
The report also shows that Tik Tok has seen a 25% increase in downloads over the last month in the U.S. alone.
The app has seen a 20% increase overall worldwide. The UK was the region with the most impressive growth at 51%.
TikTok owner Bytedance has been promoting a massive advertising campaign for TikTok on Facebook, Google’s Ad-Mob, as well as utilizing the game monetization platform Chartboost. It all seems to be working.
Tik Tok managed to score 28% on an engagement scale of 1 to 100%. 100% means the user opens the app every day, while 50% would mean every other day. Following TikTok, Facebook was the second most downloaded social media app last month with 5.6 cores global installs. Again, India contributed the most number of installs at 26 percent, followed by Indonesia at 9 percent. Instagram, Likee, and Snapchat were among the top five most downloaded social media apps worldwide for last month.
Thanks for Reading!!