- Tinder has now introduced the Block Contacts feature.
- The company announced that it will start allowing people to block their phone contacts.
- Users can either upload their full contacts list to Tinder or add them individually.
Hi Readers!! There is good news for you. If you are using Tinder, the company has come up with a new feature that would let you avoid people who already know you outside the app. The company has rolled out an update that lets users block certain contacts from the Contact directory to avoid awkward interactions.
Until now, there was no other way to escape people you already know outside the app. Tinder says these contacts won’t appear as a potential match. The feature is available for free to all users.
Tinder said in its blog:
“Want to try to avoid seeing someone on Tinder? With Block Contacts, you can do just that. Share your device’s contact list with Tinder, select a contact you want to block, and we’ll do our best to prevent you from seeing each other.”
“According to a survey commissioned by Tinder, 40% of people have found an ex-partner on the app, 24% have encountered a family member and one in 10 have even encountered their professor”.
How to use Tinder Block contacts Feature?
If you are on Tinder and are interested in blocking your ex, office colleagues, or your relatives, here is how you can block certain contacts:
- Open your Tinder profile and tap the profile icon.
- Now, go to the “Settings” menu.
- Next, tap on scroll down and select the “Block Contacts” option.
- Tap on Grant Tinder permission to access your contacts option.
- Under the Contacts tab, select people you want to avoid from your contact list.
- Tap on the Tinder Block Contacts button and you are good to go!
Users can also upload their full contacts list to Tinder or can add them individually. Tinder said it will not store everyone’s contacts, only the ones they have chosen to block, and people can unblock or disconnect their contacts list at any time.
Thanks for Reading!!