- Twitter working on new tip jar button for individual user profiles
- There are many options to pay tips such as Bandcamp, Cash App, Patreon, PayPal, and Venmo.
- This feature is under internal testing and has not revealed by the company yet.
Recently, Twitter showcased its initial plans for introducing two new features- ‘Super Follow’ and tipping options.
The tipping option will allow Twitter users to provide exclusive content to their paying members.
Researcher Jane Manchun Wong has revealed that Twitter is internally testing the new tip jar button.
The researcher has also shared pictures that depict that Twitter will soon offer a tipping button on user profiles.
Let’s have a look at the little blue cash button. When you click on that button, it will give you options to tip via Bandcamp, Cash App, Patreon, PayPal, and Venmo.
It will add the following features:
- A ‘new Tipping’ button to accept fan/follower donations.
- Additionally, the ‘Super Follow’ option alongside the ‘Follow’ prompt
- The new ‘Super Follow’ button will automatically remove the ‘Follow’ button for those who are already following.
Currently, Twitter is testing its upcoming Super follows feature that allows you to charge money from the followers for extra and exclusive content.
Twitter has not announced officially the forthcoming feature. It is not confirmed whether the company will release it publicly or not.
It is unclear if the company is going to put any restrictions on a tipping button. Perhaps you require many followers or verified accounts to acquire this button on your profile.
However, Twitter declined to make any comment on this.
During its Analysts Day virtual event, Twitter showed a slide that read:
“We’re rethinking incentives and exploring solutions to provide monetary incentive models for Creators and Publishers to be directly supported by their audience”.
However, the “Super Follower” tool will only be beneficial for persons who have a great number of followers.
Dorsey has words that the company is trying to double its total annual revenue to over $7.5 billion in 2023 with at least 315 million mDAU (monetizable daily active users).
Thanks for reading!