- Twitter Super Follow will allow users to charge their followers for exclusive and extra content.
- The Super Follow feature will only come to users with over 10,000 followers.
- It’s unclear how long users have to wait to be accepted after they submit their applications.
Twitter Inc launched a “super follow “ feature on its social media platform, which would allow creators to generate monthly revenue by sharing subscriber-only content with their followers. The new feature will let users charge for exclusive- extra material from their followers and can include subscriber-only newsletters, videos, deals, and discounts- the social media giant said in an investor presentation on Thursday.
Esther Crawford, Staff Product Manager, said in a blog post:
“Today we are excited to introduce Super Follows, a new way for people to earn monthly revenue by sharing subscriber-only content with their followers on Twitter,” on Wednesday, September 1. With Super Follows, people can create an extra level of conversation on Twitter (sharing bonus Tweets and more!) to interact authentically with their most engaged followers — all while earning money”
“Right now, people in the US and Canada using iOS can Super Follow select accounts and we will be rolling it out to people using iOS globally in the next few weeks. Creators can share Super Follows Tweets on iOS only and Super Follows Tweets can be viewed on iOS, with Android and twitter.com coming soon,” Crawford added.
What are the eligibility criteria to participate in Twitter Super Follow?
Not everyone will be able to set up Super Follows for accounts. It’s only open to users who:
- Have at least 10,000 followers. If you haven’t hit that milestone yet, you’re going to have to keep tweeting for free.
- Have tweeted at least 25 times within the last 30 days. If you aren’t creating regular content, step aside.
- Are least 18 years old.
The subscription will unlock a series of perks for followers like supporter badge, subscriber-only newsletter, exclusive content, deals and discounts, and community access as well.
Paid subscribers will mark with a special Super Follower badge, differentiating them from unpaid followers in tweets. The badge shows up in replies, elevating a follower’s ability to interact directly with accounts they opt to support. For accounts that have Super Follows turned on, the option will show up with a distinct button on the profile page.
Thanks for Reading!!