- Twitter has been working hard on Spaces, its new live audio chat platform that works similarly to Clubhouse.
- The company starts launching Ticketed Spaces for some iOS users.
- Ticketed Spaces would differentiate Twitter from its live audio competitors.
Twitter has been quickly opening up Spaces and adding features over the past several months to compete with the dedicated social audio app Clubhouse and similar features from companies like Discord and Facebook. The company revealed a feature that Clubhouse doesn’t have.
Twitter plans to offer a way for users to monetize Spaces through ticketing. The company says hosts will be able to set ticket prices and the number of tickets sold, which could let people create exclusive events and earn some money for their efforts. Ticketed Spaces would differentiate Twitter aside from its live audio competitors. Clubhouse and Instagram let listeners tip speakers or award badges in a live audio space, but the apps haven’t enabled advance ticket sales.
Twitter Ticketed Spaces: Charges
Hosts can charge between $1 and $999 for their ticketed rooms and can also set a room size cap for them. These test group participants will initially keep 97 percent of the money they make, after the fee Apple and Google charge for in-app purchases. But Twitter will increase its cut from 3 percent to 20 percent if a user makes a total of $50,000 across their earnings on the app.
How to create Twitter Space on mobile and desktop browsers?
- Open Twitter and tap on your profile picture at the top left corner of the screen.
- Scroll to the far right and tap Spaces.
- Pick who can speak by choosing from Everyone, People you follow, or Only people you invite to speak.
- Now, tap Start your Space. you’ll now have the option to add a description or name to your Space.
- Now, tap on the three dots at the bottom and go to Adjust Settings to make changes according to your preference. You can choose whether or not you want to see captions by enabling or disabling View Captions.
- You can then allow mic access to Speakers by toggling Allow mic to on.
- Get started chatting in your Space.
- When you wish to end the session, tap Leave at the top right corner.
Thanks for Reading!!