- Twitter introduces the Voice DM feature in India.
- The feature is currently available for Twitter users on smartphones or tabs, but, soon it will be made available on Web Browser as well.
- The Voice DMs can not be more than 140 seconds long.
- Sending a voice message is quite similar to how you send voice notes on WhatsApp.
While all the other social apps have been providing this feature to the users, Twitter was one of the few apps that did not consist of voice DM. Now Twitter has introduced this feature in their application to maintain their standard in the market. The Company promises, soon it will be available to web browser users as well.
Twitter Voice DM feature: How to Use it??
Before you start with the Voice DM feature, you need to first update the Twitter app from the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
Step By Step Guide:
- First Log in to your account,
- Go to the message section
- Open a fresh or existing chat
- Tap on the voice recording button to record your message for not more than 140 seconds.
- Tap again to end the record.
- You can listen to the note once before sending
- Use the Swipe and release button to send the message.
Announcing the new feature, Manish Maheshwari, Managing Director, Twitter India said, “India is a priority market for Twitter, and that is why we’re constantly testing new features and learning from people’s experience on the service here.
This Tweet Comes after the conflict between the Indian government and Twitter relating to blocking some accounts connected with Farmers Protest and the Indian government’s move towards the Koo app.
Twitter Voice DM feature: Our Review
We cannot see anything new in the voice message feature, this is Twitter’s nice attempt to offer something that we already have on other instant messaging apps like WhatsApp, Messenger, Telegram, and more. The new feature may give Twitter users more convenience in one-to-one conversations.
Additionally, Twitter is also working on a Clubhouse-like voice-based chat room space. It will allow users to create a ‘Space’ where their followers can join in a conversation.
Thanks For reading!!
Share Your valuable feedback in the comment section below.