Earlier this month, Twitter told investors it’s considering a subscription model as a means of generating additional revenue to support its business.
In a new survey, the company asks users to evaluate paid features like “undo send”, as well as other ideas like custom colors, the ability to publish longer and more high-def videos, support for profile badges, auto-responses, additional “social listening” analytics and the ability to run brand surveys about ads.
- A Twitter spokesperson informed that Twitter is holding surveys to evaluate options for a membership model. The survey questions were first posted on Twitter by social media consultant Matt Navarra.
- Earlier, Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey confirmed that Twitter was looking at exploring a subscription model for the platform, although it is in the very early phases of exploration.
He also said that Twitter is looking at other options to generate revenue.
“You will likely see some tests this year” of various approaches, Dorsey told analysts, CNN reported. Dorsey said he has “a really high bar for when we would ask consumers to pay for aspects of Twitter.” He confirmed that Twitter is seeking to diversify its sources of revenue in what are “very, very early phases of exploring.”
Expected Features with New Subscription Model
- Undo send button: Twitter may never get an edit button but this one gives the user a 30-second window to recall or withdraw a tweet.
- Custom colors: With this feature, users will be able to change the fonts and theme colors of Twitter. This will change the background color, mentions, hashtags, and icon in the color chosen by the user.
- Videos: Twitter’s paid membership will allow users to publish videos up to 5x longer than what’s allowed now. The resolution will also increase to 8192 x 8192 pixels.
- Auto responses: Able to write and set a menu of auto-responses to use in replies.
- Social listening: You can see the conversation around your account on Twitter, including total volume, the people and businesses who are talking most often and what they are saying. This, again, would largely appeal to brands.
- Brand Surveys: You could be able to survey people about the ads you run to better understand if your ad was memorable.
- Samsung on early Galaxy S21 launch – Details Inside
- Instagram blocks #sikh hashtag for users
- PS5 Outperforms Xbox Series X on Certain Games: Why!!!
- Martin Henderson Raves About Girlfriend Aisha Mendez on Instagram
- Playstation 5 Consoles Bought in India Before Official Launch Will Not Have Warranty: Report
- Tesla plans to produce electric car chargers in China
- Soon, you may be able to play Xbox games on smart TV via Xbox app
- Facebook, Google to Face Tougher Competition Rules in UK From New Antitrust Body