Do you know where to check the USPS Tracking number? Did you recently send an international courier package through USPS Service? Are you worried that it has been reached or not? Do you want to track the package? If the Answers of all our questions less in YES, then you are lucky to read this article.
“Actually One of my friends sent a package to his loved one and now he has been going through the same situation. As he discussed with me the problem, I came up with some knowledge, and today I want to share those words with you.”
The market is flooded with many courier services that connect us to our loved ones. Though all the named courier services are good we still chose the one with a fine tracking system and guaranteed delivery. Right? The name of USPS comes on the top when we need to send an international package. USPS is the United States Postal service. USPS connects 155 million residences, businesses and Post Office Boxes. USPS retail offices located on 31,600 locations. USPS has some amazing features like
- Secure Access
- High-quality service
- Track packages and Delivery Instruction
- Schedule Redevielery
- Manage notifications
- Excellent Customer experience
What does the Tracking number look like?
- The USPS Tracking number looks like 9400 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Priority Mail tracking number looks like 9205 5000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Certified Mail tracking number looks like 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Collect On Delivery Hold For Pickup number looks like 9303 3000 0000 0000 0000 00
- The Global Express Guaranteed number looks like 82 000 000 00
- The Priority Mail Express International number looks like EC 000 000 000 US
- The Priority Mail Express number looks like 9270 1000 0000 0000 0000 00, EA 000 000 000 US
- Priority Mail International number looks like CP 000 000 000 US
- Registered Mail number looks like 9208 8000 0000 0000 0000 00
- Signature Confirmation number looks like 9202 1000 0000 0000 0000 00
Where to find the Tracking number?
You can find Tracking number at the following places:
- At Post Office shipping receipt
- At the sales receipt, if you bought insurance at the post office.
- In your email, you received from usps.com
- The shipping verification email you received from an online retailer
- The bottom of your USPS Tracking receipt.
How to Track a package- USPS Tracking Number
Now as you know where do you get tracking numbers for tracking your parcels. Now its time to track your package. The following are the ways:
- By calling Customer care Support: Make a call on 1-800-222-1811 to know the status of your package.
- By sending a text message: Convey a text message to “28777” with your tracking number to know where your shipment has reached.
- Check status from a mobile app by entering your tracking number. The app is free for both Android and iOS.
Different Delivery status
This shipper assures the sender about the package and promises to deliver the package before the delivery date.
At this time the package may be anywhere between source to destination.
Out for delivery
The meaning of this status is that your parcel has left the delivery office and it will reach you soon.
This means your shipment has delivered and reached to the destination.
If the delivery man will not be able to get the exact delivery location. then delivery is not done and Alert will occur.
How to leave delivery instructions?
If you want to change any delivery instruction, like changing the address, yo can leave delivery instructions.
To change delivery instructions, Click Change Delivery Instructions on the tracking results page to leave your request. If the link is not active, it means you are not eligible for the same. The Following are the packages not eligible for changing delivery instructions
- Already left the Post Office for delivery
- A Hold Mail request
- A Forward Mail request
- A military address
- An international sender
- A Delivery Signature request
- A Collect on Delivery request
- An active USPS Package Intercept order
- Insurance for $500 or more