After parting ways with BCCI for IPL 2020, Chinese firm Vivo quits PKL & Bigg Boss, too
Chinese smartphone manufacturer Vivo has decided to walk out of two more major title sponsorship deals
- The Pro Kabaddi League (PKL)
- ‘Bigg Boss’ reality show
It is just after parting ways with the cricket board for the 2020 edition of the Indian Premier League.
The Chinese smartphone manufacturer has walked out of these major title sponsorships following the negative publicity it received since the India-China border row.
Original Initial Deals
- Vivo’s deal with Viacom18-owned Colors Channel for the popular reality show Big Boss was worth Rs 30 crore. The 2020 edition of Bigg Boss, the channel’s flagship property, is slated to launch in October, directly competing with IPL this year.
- And the deal was of worth Rs 60 crore for PKL(The Pro Kabaddi League)
Vivo’s Take On It ??
Vivo has become one of the biggest advertisers in India, courtesy its Rs 2,190 crore IPL title sponsorship with the (BCCI).
The company spends more than Rs 1,000 crore annually on marketing and promotions. It includes Rs 440 crore during BCCI and an additional Rs 120-150 crore during the IPL.
What did Vivo say?
BCCI and Vivo Mobile India said on Thursday that –
They had decided to “break” their partnership for the 2020 season of the IPL.
“Vivo has realized that it will sell more phones rather than advertising, which will attract the public ire, not by advertising but by offering better discounts.“
- Google to add these two features to Maps and Search for business owners
- Hackers targeted COVID vaccine supply ‘cold chain’
- Tips for getting more Instagram followers
- Government warns Wikipedia on showing Wrong Map of J & K
- Qualcomm launched Snapdragon 888 for Android
- Paytm’s stake sale under consideration : Details Inside
- Learn More About Casey Hooper
- Facebook To Launch News Service In UK In January With Several Outlets Onboard