- WhatsApp could soon let you transfer chats to a different phone number.
- This can only happen if they are switching to a new phone.
- The exact release date of this feature is unknown.
Hi Readers!! If you are a Whatsapp user, then there is good news for you, The messaging platform will roll out the chat history migration feature in a future update. It will enable its billions of users to migrate chat history on a different number. This can only happen if they are switching to a new phone.
Earlier WhatsApp allows chat migration from iOS to Android and vice versa, but chat history was still tied to the same number. Now, WhatsApp might let you transfer your chat history to a different phone number as well.
WhatsApp chat migration between two numbers
We have devised a step by step instructions that will allow you to transfer your WhatsApp chats and account to a new phone number. Before you proceed, make sure you backup your account.
1. The first thing that you have to do is open WhatsApp.
2. Now, tap on More Options, the three-dot menu button situated on the upper right portion of the interface.
3. Tap on Settings > Account > Change Phone Number.
4. Tap on Next and then enter the Old Phone Number in the old phone number field. (This is the number that is currently associated with your WhatsApp account.)
5. Enter the New Phone Number in the new phone number field. (This is the number you will be transferring your WhatsApp chats and account information on.) and tap on Next and write confirmation code sent to your new phone number. That’s all to it.
6. This is the most important step. In order to transfer your WhatsApp chats and account to a new phone number, create a backup. You can do this by tapping the three-dot button, heading over to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup > Backup. Make sure Google Drive backup is enabled.
Starting from this week, WhatsApp is rolling out yet another new feature which is called the “New Archive”. The company has updated this feature through the Google Play Store Beta Program and this will be available in version 22.214.171.124, but to only some specific Android 11 users currently.
Thanks for Reading!!