- WhatsApp rolls out chat history migration between iOS and Android.
- The feature will initially be available on any Samsung device running Android 10 or higher.
- However, it’ll take some time to come to all users.
The chat migration is one of the biggest worries at this moment for WhatsApp users who want to switch their devices from iOS to Android or vice versa. Both platforms use different cloud backup sources, which makes it really hard for the user to retrieve any chats. For those unaware, the Android version uses Google Drive, while the iOS version uses iCloud.
Currently, when you switch from iOS to Android or vice-versa, WhatsApp transfers your account information – profile picture, name, individual chats, group chats, and settings – but it doesn’t migrate your chat history. Users will be provided with the option to securely transfer their chats from one device to another whenever they set up a new device. However, for this process, you would require a USB-C to Lightning cable.
WhatsApp in the blog said:
“One of the most requested features we’ve had is to make it possible to transfer chat history from one operating system to another when switching phones. We’ve been hard at work with the operating system and device manufacturers to build it in a secure and reliable way”.
“We’re excited to start rolling out the ability to move your WhatsApp history from iOS to Android. The feature will initially be available on any Samsung device running Android 10 or higher and will be available on more Android devices soon”.
How to migrate chats from iPhone to Android phone?
- Open the Samsung SmartSwitch app and tap Receive, then select the iPhone option.
- Samsung SmartSwitch will now show you a QR code, which you must scan with your iPhone. It will take you to the WhatsApp chat settings where you can start the transfer on that end.
- You will have to wait a long while until the transfer completes. This can take anywhere between 10 and 40 minutes, depending on the number of messages you have saved and how many attachments you have sent and received.
Thanks for Reading!!