WhatsApp is going to update its Terms of Service in 2021 and WhatsApp users will have to accept it or they risk losing access to their account. As reported by a popular site WABetaInfo that pushes regular updates on new WhatsApp features, the main focus of the update is going to be how WhatsApp processes user data and how businesses can use Facebook hosted services to store and manage their WhatsApp chats.
The report states on tapping ‘agree’, the user accepts the updated ‘Terms of Service’, and then they can continue to use the app. The update will take effect on February 8, 2021. However, if users do not agree with the changes or the updated terms of service, they might lose access to their account. Users can delete their account within WhatsApp Settings.
Apart from the updated Terms Of Services, WhatsApp also recently released other new updates for Android (22.214.171.124 web release for Android) and iOS (2.20.130 on the App Store). These updates are compatible with a new feature that allows WhatsApp to make announcements to users around different updates or information.
WhatsApp can use this feature to send specific announcements to its users. What’s interesting is that these announcements will not be sent in the form of a chat, but in the form of an in-app banner that can link people to external websites or require some sort of user action. The updated Terms of Services was the first in-app announcement made by WhatsApp.
Keep Reading :
- After Containment zones, Google Maps will now show “Vaccinated Sites”.
- The Greatest Instagramming Tool: Followers Gallery
- Which Game Console Should Be Your Next Upgrade?
- YouTube is Now Available to Be Installed as a Progressive Web App
- FAU:G India : All you need to know about the game
- Google opens up its space in US for COVID-19 vaccination: Sundar Pichai
- WhatsApp Treating Indians Differently From Europe Users: Centre To Delhi Court
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX launches a record 143 satellites on one rocket.