- WhatsApp voice calls are now available for Jio Phone and other KaiOS-based feature phones.
- The Facebook-owned platform has joined hands with KaiOS Technologies.
- The update is for all KaiOS devices with specified RAM and updated to the latest WhatsApp version 2.2110.41.
As expected earlier, WhatsApp yesterday announced the launch of its messaging application for devices running KaiOS. Thanks to the announcement, WhatsApp is now available for all the feature phones run on KaiOS-based technology.
Matt Idema, COO of WhatsApp, in a statement said:
“We want to support communities that are on lighter operating systems in many places around the world. Bringing WhatsApp voice calls to KaiOS-enabled devices helps us connect the world privately through a service that is simple, reliable, and accessible to everyone – no matter what kind of mobile device they’re using”.
The update is for all KaiOS devices with up to 512 MB of RAM and updated to the latest WhatsApp version 2.2110.41. This includes the famous JioPhone 4G and Nokia 8110 in India, among many other options.
How to install WhatsApp on JioPhone?
- First of all, make sure to update the firmware of your JioPhone to the latest version. To do this, go to the Settings of your phone and locate the software update section, and then update your device.
- Now, open JioPhone AppStore on your device and go to the “Social” tab and install WhatsApp from there.
- After installing WhatsApp, open the app. You will be prompted to enter your WhatsApp mobile number in this step.
- After entering your phone number, you will need to verify your account using the OTP sent to your phone.
- Once you’ve verified your account, you can enter your name and upload a profile photo on WhatsApp.
Now, after you are done with entering the credentials, a chat screen will appear on your Jio Phone similar to the one you will see on Android phones. You can start a chat with your contacts the same way you would do on an Android phone.
WhatsApp for JioPhone lets you mute a conversation or group chats. In the settings option inside the app, you can change your privacy settings like last seen, profile picture, and more. Unfortunately, you can’t use WhatsApp web on your desktop while using the app on your JioPhone. There’s no option to scan a barcode in the app on JioPhone.
Thanks for Reading!!