WhatsApp recently allowed its users to make group video calls with up to eight people. Then Facebook started teasing the integration of Messenger Rooms on the cross-platform messaging app.
Now, the social media giant is slowly bringing the feature to the masses by adding it to the WhatsApp Web.
Facebook has already confirmed that it has been testing the Messenger Room support for both WhatsApp as well as Instagram. While the feature has not yet arrived on the Android or iOS app of either of the platforms,
Facebook has started to take the step forward with Messenger Room for WhatsApp Web.
- WhatsApp Web is now enabled to let you connect with people via Messenger’s video conferencing feature right from there
- To create a room using WhatsApp’s shortcut, you first have to update your WhatsApp Web version.
How to Create Messenger Rooms via WhatsApp?
- To create a room using WhatsApp’s shortcut, you first have to update your WhatsApp Web version to its latest one: 2.2031.4.
- Once that it done, you will be able to create a Messenger room in two ways.
- The first way is by clicking on the three dots on the top left corner of the screen and then click on Create a Room. After you click on that, a new window will pen up on the screen with an option to directly go to the feature. Click on “Continue with Messenger” option to create a room.
- There’s also an option to switch accounts in case you wish to create a Room using a different account.
- The second method is for chats. Facebook has integrated the shortcut to Messenger Rooms in individual or group chats as well. For creating a room via a chat, just click on the attachment clip on the top right corner and select the last option of Rooms. After that, follow the same steps aforementioned to start a video conference.
- However, you should keep in mind that the room is not created on WhatsApp but acts as a link to combine the app and Messenger Rooms.