- YouTube launches ‘Super Thanks,’ a new money-making feature for creators.
- Super Thanks is similar to Twitter’s Tip Jar feature.
- Super Thanks are available at four price points varying between $2 ( ₹149 approx.) and $50 ( ₹3,725 approx.).
Youtube users and investors are demanding this feature from the company for a very long time, which will help creators and influencers to make money by using the Super thanks feature for their exclusive content.
Followers who pay for the Super thanks will gain access to exclusive content, deals and discounts, community access, and more. Furthermore, Youtube is also looking to introduce a new Communities feature that will allow users to create, discover, and join micro-communities based on their interests.
The feature is available to creators and viewers in 68 countries on desktop and mobile devices. The company says that it is working on expanding it to more creators by the end of the year. Super Thanks is currently available at four price points between $2 and $50 (or local currency equivalent).
The company said in a blog post:
“Just like Super Chat and Super Stickers, Super Thanks does double duty for creators: keeping their connections with (super) fans meaningful, while also giving them a new way to make money. The feature is not available for some types of videos, including age-restricted, unlisted, private, made for kids, videos with content ID claims, and videos with YouTube giving fundraisers”.
Fans have been able to pay for exclusive content through channel memberships. Viewers on a live-streamed YouTube video can also pay for Super Chats to pin their comments to the top of the comment section.
To check if you have access to Super Thanks:
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, click Monetization.
- Select the Supers tab. If it’s your first time in the Supers section, follow the on-screen instructions to get started.
- You must be monetizing and in an eligible location to have access to Supers.
- If you don’t see the Supers section, you don’t have access yet.
- Once you’ve completed all the instructions, if you see “Super Thanks” with an on/off button next to it, you have access. If you don’t see “Super Thanks,” you don’t currently have access.
Thanks for Reading!!